Full Moon in Capricorn, Mercury in retrograde, 7/3/12 & begins 7/14/12 respectively


So now that we’re through eclipse season for a few months, & now that Saturn and Venus are moving forwards again, & now that we’re through that nasty Pluto/Uranus square, & now that we’re out of the shadow of Mars’ retrograde, everything’s cool.  Right?  Well, not exactly.

We’re still recovering from those eclipses.  Saturn & Venus are not yet up to speed.  Pluto & Uranus are slow moving planets, so we’re still feeling that square like a stubborn stone that simply will not shake out of our shoes.  Mars may be out of the shadow of his retrograde, but he’s about to get involved in that Pluto/Uranus relationship.

On top of all of that, Mercury is about to station retrograde, & we’ve got a full moon aligned with that Pluto/Uranus square.  The fun just never stops, eh?

Before you start judging all of these planetary maneuvers as bad, inconvenient, annoying, &/or hurtful, consider the fact that maybe it is fun.  Maybe it is a game.

Maybe I’m just a nerdy astrologer, but I find it all rather exciting.  These movements suggest to me a need to be curious, playful, & creative.  You & your life are your greatest works of art - what will you make of them?  These planetary tensions & tumbles suggest you step out of what’s familiar & “safe” because those things simply will not work in this paradigm.

Ready for the breakdown?  Here we go:

Mars enters Libra on the morning of July 3rd.  For the rest of July & most of August, focus your energy on bringing things into balance.  Consider whether your life feels beautiful to you, & if not, be creative with instilling more beauty & grace into your world & experience.
Do I need to bring my body into balance?  If so, how?  Do any of my relationships feel out of balance?  How can I bring them back into balance - do I need to give more or give less to the relationship, & do I need to give more to myself?  Is my life itself in balance - am I taking care of both myself & my responsibilities?  How can I infuse more beauty into my own life & into the lives of those I care about?

Also on the morning of July 3rd, the Moon is full in Capricorn, conjunct Pluto & square Uranus, while the Sun in Cancer opposes the Moon & Pluto, & squares Uranus.  Well, that’s a planetary mouthful!  Translation into human terms:

A Capricorn full moon suggests a time of tension between one’s responsibilities & one’s personal & familial needs.  But the scales are not balanced here because Pluto, conjunct the Moon, is one dense planetoid.  Hence, the scales are tipped heavily on the side of responsibility - responsibility that extends outwards from the very core of one’s being into the collective.

But Uranus, still aligned with the asteroid, Pallas, is jostling the scales - neither swaying it one way nor the other, but simply not allowing it to settle into an even tension.  What this means is that stagnation cannot occur.  Feel stuck?  Uranus has a bright, shiny, new vision for you, & Pallas has a plan of how to manifest that vision, step by step, all the way from your current situation to the beautiful, golden future.

Yet in the full moon chart, Uranus/Pallas are in the 7th house, reminding us that that we are not alone.  Reach out to others for help, & extend your help to others.  One of the ways I’m seeing people struggle unnecessarily with this current Uranus/Pluto situation is the rampant disease of too much self reliance.

Am I attending to my responsibilities to myself, & to my community?  If not, what do I need to do?  Am I nurturing myself enough?  If not, what would nourish me so that I can succeed in these efforts?  What is my vision? If you think you don’t have a vision, you’re actually just overwhelmed by the difference between where you are & where you want to be, or you’re being overly idealistic.  We are actually limited & we live in a flawed reality.  Do the best you can within that.  What are the steps I need to take, skills I need to acquire, etc. to move from where I am to where I want to be?

Not in the above configuration, but still playing an active role in the full moon chart is Saturn in late Libra, still getting up to speed after his recent direct station, opposed by the planetoid, Eris, in late Aries.  This configuration suggests a strong tendency to project our problems, hang-ups & sources of suffering onto others.  This can occur as a tendency to see our own problems projected onto someone else’s situation, & therefore fail ourselves by giving others advice we need for ourselves, but also fail them by not seeing them & their situation for what they truly are.  This configuration can also manifest as seeing the people in our lives as the source of our own disharmony.

There is opportunity for empowerment if we own our suffering, & allow others to own theirs.  We castrate ourselves & others when we project our suffering onto others, or blame others for our own experience of suffering.  How am I suffering?  How can I fully own this suffering as my own experience, rather than an experience acted upon me by an outside force or person?  What of this experience must I accept as out of my control, & what of this experience can I act on to change?

I remind you that we cannot change others, that we can only change ourselves, & that love is an exaltation of acceptance.  If you can allow others to be who & what they are, with compassion & love, you will shine a light on the doorway of their own transformation.  You will also, in so doing, strengthen yourself, & enable your own transformation.

We have a week and a half to recover after that doozy of a full moon.  Then, on Friday, July 13th, Uranus stations retrograde in Aries.  The next day, Mercury stations retrograde in Leo.  These are two planets associated with the mind.  This brings us back to that whole mental upgrade we’ve all been working on - you have been working on that, right?  Uranus’ retrograde, which lasts until mid-December, will give you an opportunity to revise that vision you’ve been architecting.

Mercury’s retrograde in Leo through the first week of August reminds you to bring joy, heart & play back into your life.  Most likely, with all the hard & heavy work the planets have been yanking out of us, we’re all a little out of balance in the realm of lightness & sheer enjoyment.

Mercury’s retrogrades are notoriously unpopular, but despite their inconveniences I love them.  If you catch up on any outstanding correspondences, take care of your communication devices (computers, phones, etc) & your transportation devices (cars, bicycles, even shoes) in the next couple of weeks, you are likely to avoid most of the nuisances of Mercury in retrograde.  Then you can focus on the opportunities Mercury offers when he does his thrice a year backwards jog up yon in the sky.

What is no longer fun to me that I still cling to?  What is actually fun to me now?  Am I embracing my own strength & light?  What is my energy source - how can I tap into it, feed it, & allow it to shine forth with joy?  Do I need to be more generous in any way?  Am I too generous?  How can I better communicate from my heart, & to the hearts of others?

And, if  you would like to invest in nourishing yourself with some one-on-one support, come see me for Alithesis, or an astrology consultation.  If you are out of the Seattle area, feel free to set up a phone consultation with me.

Thanks again for reading.  Have a wonderful couple of weeks!
Rae Diamond
rae13diamond @ gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment