New Moon in Pisces, 2/21/12


This new moon offers either powerful visionary possibilities or hugely escapist trappings, what with four planets, a planetoid & two asteroids all in the sign of the two fish.  With the Sun & Moon closely aligned with Neptune, his recent ingress into Pisces is highlighted once again.  This gives you another chance to set your intentions for his 14 year transit through Pisces.  If you need more information on that, please read my Full Moon in Leo report.

Whenever the moon is in Pisces, which occurs about once a month for 2-3 days, we all have a tendency to feel “spaced out.”  This is because Pisces, with its two fish swimming in opposite directions, is straddling two realities - the material world we experience through our five senses, & everything beyond the material world, which we experience through other senses.  Pisces has a reputation for being “not quite all there,” but it would be more accurate to say Pisces is “half there & half here.”

The benefits of being half “here” & half “there” - “there” being a wide range of possibilities far too great to mention in my wee blog - is that through Pisces, we are able to bring fresh, creative & hopefully wise insights from “there” into manifestation “here.”

The danger of being half “here” & half “there” is that “there” is quite idilic, perfect even, & seemingly free of responsibilities & repercussions.  If we allow ourselves to be seduced by the delusion that “there” is either where we truly belong or somehow better than “here,” we’re likely to abandon ourselves, our bodies, our loved ones, the earth, & our reason for being.  If we didn’t belong in our bodies, we wouldn’t be in them.  If you feel connected to other realities, the purpose of that connection is so you can creatively bring fresh beauty, consciousness & healing into manifestation “here,” in our material reality.

With so much Piscean influence around this new moon, the pull will be strong to take a dip out of this realm & into “there.”  It’s best to consciously give in to that urge.  Recommended methods: meditation, a walk in nature, or improvising freely in a creative medium of your choice.  Questions to ask yourself after clearing your mind of mental chatter:
What are my emotions telling me?  What is my body telling me?  What do I sense beyond my thoughts, emotions & body?

Specific to the planetary energies in Pisces at this new moon, you may find these questions helpful:
What new seed is being planted in me at this time - what fresh insight do I feel wanting to manifest through me in some way?  What strategy might I employ to manifest these insights?  How can I more deeply align & integrate into a greater wholeness my instinctual & spiritual natures, my body & soul?  What fresh insights are being communicated to me, & how can I communicate the insights I receive more effectively?  How can I serve my community/species in a heartfelt way?

Whew!  That’s a lot of thinks to think!  I still have a few more.  There are also two planets & an asteroid in the sign of Aries.  This thankfully enables us to ignite our insights into being.  The planetary bodies involved offer a complex blend of powerful activating energy, a need to connect as an individual with other individuals, & a reminder that you are actually a part of the vaster organism of planet Earth.  It’s a “me, me, me” kind of feeling mixed with an awareness of others & of the whole.  That could feel like a battle within you if you let it.  The best course to take is to accept the duality of being a unique entity among other unique entities that are altogether part of something greater.

With Mars, the ruler of Aries, continuing to retrograde in Virgo, this sense of being an individual within a wholeness in accentuated.  This is a convenient moment for me to remind you to continue aiming towards wholeness in yourself as quick, fiery Mars grumbles backwards through this meticulous & earthy sign.  Continue to weed the garden of your life, pruning anything that’s become overgrown, & pulling out anything that no longer belongs.

Many of those planets in Pisces are in an out-of-character trine with Saturn retrograding at the end of Libra.  Translation: Part of your mystical or creative vision is likely to involve some insights about relationships or aspects of relationships that have been troubling you.  This includes but is not limited to romantic relationships.

Lastly, I’ll say that we have the beginnings of a grand earth trine that will peak in mid March.  This stimulates a great deal of manifestation energy.  More on that in a future report.  For now, though, in true Pisces style, focus on that vision work - look for the big picture direction AND for the plan that can make it all happen.

Upcoming classes:
If you are interested in learning more about astrology, you may consider attending my zodiac circles, which are now open for enrollment again.  These classes meet once a month, near the ingress of the Sun into each sign.  The next class, on Mars, Aries & the 1st house, will be in Seattle on Sunday, March 18th, 12-2pm, & in Olympia, date & time TBA.  Please go here for more information.  If your sun is in Aries, you can attend this class for half price as a birthday present!

In person & long distance private readings:
If you are interested in receiving some guidance during a transition in your life, or if you are desiring more clarity, please contact me to set up a private reading.  If you’re in Seattle, we can meet in person.  If you are elsewhere, I do conduct readings over the phone too.  Please go here for more information.

A note on the art in these blogs:
I’ve received some questions & comments about the art I post with these reports.  What you see are a series of collages that explore the twelve signs of the zodiac.  Prints of them are available through my etsy store.

Until next time, may your visions be founded in love.
Thanks for reading,
Rae Diamond
rae13diamond @ gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment