New Moon in Taurus, 4/21/12


Ah, finally!  Here is a nice simple new moon report, without any fancy dance moves from the planets, without any new digs into the collective psyche.

“Then why do I still feel like everything’s really intense?” you may be asking.

Well, just because nothing new is happening doesn’t change the fact that it’s still clean-up time after Mars’ & Mercury’s recent retrograde periods.  All those power issues that came up for you, especially in areas of work, health, & service since late 2011 are still calling for resolution.  Continue to put your efforts into simplifying your life, cleaning house & body, organizing, letting the extraneous go, & developing the skills & knowledge necessary in order to do the work you want to do.  All of those transportation & communication (including communication technology) issues that came up for you in the past month & a half need to be resolved too.

And just because nothing new is happening in the next couple of weeks doesn’t mean that we’re not heading into more planetary shifts.  Venus is in the shadow of her retrograde cycle, which begins in the middle of May.  Issues - around how you express your values, how you communicate your needs, & how your thinking effects & creates your reality - are now surfacing.  Continue to ask yourself these questions in the coming weeks:
Are you walking your talk?  Are you talking your walk?  Do you focus on what you lack, rather than building off of what you have?  Do you see the glass as half empty or half full?  How do you compare yourself to others - in a positive or negative light?  How does that serve you?  What could you change in your consciousness, communications, & actions that would lead you to a more abundant & enjoyable life?

And just because nothing new is happening in the next couple weeks doesn’t mean that we’re not still dealing with the years-long transit of Pluto square Uranus.  This is felt in the clash between a new & impatient vision of the future with the slow work of dealing with & building on the realities that the past has created within the present.  This surfaces as that collective escapist desire for the 2012 “end of the world.”  If the world just neatly ended, we’d be off the hook, right?  We wouldn’t have to do anything, right?  We could just escape into a comfy Neptune in Pisces oblivion, right?  Wrong!  2012 is here, & it’s happening, & Pluto in Capricorn says, “Get to work on true transformation.  I’m holding you ALL accountable.”  But there’s a danger inherent in this configuration of becoming too hard-assed, too doggedly determined, too hard-working.
Am I being too demanding of myself or of others?  What is my grand vision of the future?  Am I avoiding the real work of making the changes I so desire?  Am I being impatient, or losing my temper in inappropriate ways?  Am I holding myself accountable for the problems I am facing, or am I pointing my finger at others?

That’s where this lovely Taurus New Moon, conjunct nourishing Ceres, trine Mars, opposite Saturn, & sextile Neptune comes in to give you a much-needed still point in the midst of all this hoopla.  This is a mostly gentle new moon configuration, urging you to find serenity, to connect with nature, to deeply experience the nourishment of beauty.  If you are planting a garden this spring, THIS IS THE DAY TO DO IT!  This is also an excellent day to put some strong intentions into manifesting your dreams.  You may make some gentle steps towards achieving those visions, but new moons are not times for bombastic actions or exclamations.  A new moon in Taurus urges you to consider things in more material terms, and to make quiet but tangible movements towards attaining the objects of your desire.  But the biggest work may be in asking yourself this very important question:
What do I value?
Only once you have thoroughly & accurately determined that can you even begin to fathom the other questions this new moon brings up:
How do my values nourish me?  How can I better embody my values?  How do my values fit into my life vision?  What kind of efforts do I need to put into attaining these visions in such a way that I am simultaneously honoring my values?  Am I expressing my values in relationship?  Am I being valued in my relationships, & if not, why do I continue to be in those relationships where I am not valued?  What is the relationship between my power & my values?  How can I bring them into closer alignment so they strengthen each other?

Please take some time out for yourself on Friday night & Saturday morning to be in nature, whether it is in your garden or in a park.  Please spend some time in rest, nourishing yourself.  You may find strong nourishment in contemplation or meditation, but please remember that enjoying good, healthy food is important, even in the midst of soul work.  If you plant a garden, you may find it helpful to “plant” your intentions as you plant your seeds & seedlings.  Whatever you do, connect with the bounty & beauty of the Earth, & experience gratitude towards this magnificent & awe-inspiring sphere, bursting with life, twirling & whirling round the Sun, for making a place for you within its beauty.

Thanks for reading.  My next report will cover the Scorpio full moon & offer a more in depth look at Venus’ retrograde cycle, which begins shortly before our next solar eclipse - feel this new moon still point, & rest while you can, because the fun’s about to begin again!

Peace,
Rae Diamond
rae13diamond @ gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment