Full Moon in Scorpio, Venus stations Retrograde, 5/5/12 & 5/15/12 resepctively


So... what do you really care about?  How can you speak, act, decide & live from your heart of hearts?  Those are the questions to ask yourself these days, what with a full moon in cut-the-bullshit Scorpio, & Venus retrograding in Gemini until late June.

The Scorpio full moon on the night of May 5th is the closest full moon of the year, & therefore will appear & feel BIG.  This full moon asks you to commit, through your actions to the values you decided upon around the Taurus new moon of April 21st.  While new moons are quiet, internal times in which we open to insights & make decisions within ourselves, full moons are expansive, expressive times in which we make good on our new moon intentions. 

Since Taurus & Scorpio are “fixed” signs, it’s best to show your full commitment to those decisions with practical actions.  For instance, if on the Taurus new moon, you decided you wanted to set a Guiness Book of World Records for eating the most lollipops in one sitting, then you’d want to discover your favorite & least favorite flavors in the two weeks between the new & full moons, & thus build a winning lollipop-eating strategy.  By the Scorpio full moon, it’s time to set a date for the event, contact the Guiness folks about your intended feat, & gather up your determination, lollipops, documentarians & witnesses.

Since you probably did not decide that you want to be the world champion of lollipop eating, here are some more apropos ruminations for you to apply to this moon cycle, which peaks in the most intense & probing sign of Scorpio.  Are you ready?
Looking back on my life from an imagined deathbed, what would I want to have accomplished with my life?  What have I already accomplished that I would be happy about?  What would I wish I had changed from this point onwards?

Venus stations retrograde in Gemini on May 15th.  This marks the beginning of a six week time period in which we have the opportunity to learn how to appropriately communicate our values to ourselves, to others, & beyond.  Whenever Venus retrogrades, we need to reevaluate our relationships, our finances, & our enjoyment of life.  For artists, it is also a time to reevaluate what they are creating, how they are creating it & why.

Since this retrograde is occurring in the sign of Gemini, the above issues of relationships, finances, enjoyment, creative process & values are filtered through study, mindset, & communication.

This means it’s time to have some truth-telling conversations with those you are in relationship with (love, work, &/or friend relationships).  This is strengthened by Saturn continuing to retrograde in Libra, in trine with Venus’ retrograde station.  Use the commitment energy of the Scorpio full moon to get yourself off whatever fence you’ve been dawdling on, & make a decision about whatever it is you really want in a relationship.  Recognize that because of the retrograde energy, this means an inner change rather than an outer change.

In other words, don’t try to change other people.  Change yourself within the context of relationships.  Relationships are made up of dynamics that both individuals feed with their behaviors & attitudes.  We only have the right & the power to control & change ourselves.  Therefore our energy is best spent altering our own beliefs & actions.  If you are in any relationship you wish to improve, try these queries on for size:
What dynamics exist in our relationship that don’t feel right to me?  What roles does the other person play, & what roles do I play in these dynamics?  How can I change my part, through my actions, speech, & attitude, in this dynamic?  How can I effectively communicate, from a place of neutrality, how I feel about the other person’s part in this dynamic?  If the other person is unresponsive to my feelings & to my efforts to improve our dynamics, is it wise for me to remain in this relationship?

For those of you not in a committed relationship, this configuration suggests it is still an important time to review the concepts of fair & open communication, & of equal exchange.  How might your beliefs keep you in isolation from others?  What past relationship dynamics continue to haunt you?  How can you release the roles you played in those relationships that wounded you?  How can you create space in your life for a relationship to enter into?  If you haven’t been in a relationship for a while, please let me remind you (I’m married) that they take almost constant attention, time & effort after the initial pleasantries & ecstasies of being swept off one’s feet.  The single difference I notice between those in committed, loving relationships & those not in committed, loving relationships is an attitude of strategy.  Playing your cards well might win you money, but it will not win you love.  You first need to heal your heart enough so that you’re able to give & receive love honestly.  Therefore you may find this helpful:
Can I honestly receive love?  What would that feel like?  Can I honestly give love?  What would that feel like?
Call up those feelings daily, & your heart will heal.  You may have an easier time with either giving or receiving love.  Remember you need both!

Abundance 101...
It’s also time to improve your beliefs about money, your experience of abundance, how you obtain abundance, & what you do with it once you have it.  In particular, take note of how you talk about money, & what you tell yourself about money.  One of the most important things you can instigate or increase through the next couple of months is acknowledging the abundance you do have in your life,  & then expressing & feeling gratitude for that abundance.  Abundance can show up as gardening space, support from family & friends, a good home, fulfilling work, or anything you enjoy about your life.

If you find yourself fixating on everything you don’t yet have, or feel you may never have, or everything others have that you wish you had, it’s time to change directions!  You can think of Venus retrograding as the Cosmos putting a giant “Reverse” card down in the big Uno game of the Universe.  Instead of pining for what you don’t have, rejoice about everything you do have.   Instead of looking at what others have that you don’t, look at what you have that others don’t have.  That applies to skills, know-how, tools, connexions, or anything at all.  Instead of looking at all the work you have yet to do to get what you want, look at everything you’ve already accomplished to get where you’re going.

i.e. The glass is half full.

That’s step one.  Here are some other steps you can take, but they’ll do you little good if you skip step one.  You can’t cheat at Cosmic Uno.
What, other than money, gives me a sense of abundance (friends, family, nature, gardening, eating a good meal, etc)?  How can I increase my experience of those things that give me a sense of abundance?  What, of my talents & skills, has brought me abundance currently &/or in the past in a way that feels/felt good & true?  What is the meeting place of my beliefs, my desires, my interests & my skills?

Tying it all together:
We’re all familiar with the term, “Walk your talk.”  This is an effective phrase in many contexts, but the Scorpio full moon, Mercury in Taurus, the south node of the moon in Gemini (more on the nodes in my next report on the coming Solar Eclipse in Gemini), & this Venus retrograde cycle suggest that you take a moment to first review what your talk is, & whether it’s actually appropriate to who & what you truly are & believe in.  Here are some leading questions that may help you in the coming weeks:
What do I say I am committed to that I have not taken action on?  Am I really committed to those things, or am I merely attached to an illusion?  What do my actions & accomplishments say about what I have in fact committed to?  Are those subconscious commitments more in alignment with my heart than the commitments I consciously profess to?

Basically, the gig is up, folks.  It’s truth time.  I suggest you all get very, deeply, truly real - first with yourselves, & then with others.

Thanks for reading.  May you have many positive breakthroughs through the wake of this Scorpio full moon wave.  Peace,
rae13diamond @ gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment